Since the outbreak of COVID-19, Agility Orthopedics has remained committed to keeping our patients moving. We continue to care for patients at our Stoneham and Malden, MA locations by offering in-person appointments.
The health and safety of our patients, visitors and staff continues to be our number one priority. While the state mask mandate and guidelines have changed, we continue to follow the CDC guidelines for healthcare facilities.
This means that we require patients and their visitors to wear masks.
Temporary visitation restrictions and guidelines.
We have implemented an Essential Visitors Only approach for everyone’s safety. We are restricting visitors from accompanying a patient to their appointment. This includes the following guidelines:
- Pediatric Care: ONE parent/guardian will be permitted.
- Healthcare Proxy Required: In the event that a Healthcare Proxy is in effect, ONE visitor may accompany the patient as long as we have a copy of the required legal document on file.
- All patients and visitors are required to wear a mask.
Members of our care team are here to help patients who may require ambulatory assistance get from their car to their appointment. We can also provide support during their visit. Please let us know of any needs in advance and we will work with you.
Extenuating circumstances for an individual patient will be considered with their best interest and needs in mind. All exceptions must be approved by the care team in advance of the appointment.
Remote check-in process.
We have also implemented a remote check-in process. Directions for what to do when you arrive in the parking lot at either of our locations will be provided prior to your appointment. Of course, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. We are here to help.
Protecting our patients and our team.
Whether at the hospital or in our Stoneham and Malden, MA locations, we are strictly following all CDC guidelines regarding COVID-19, and continue to follow any mandates by Governor Baker and the state of Massachusetts.
We always hold our staff to the highest level of standards for sanitation and sterilization. In addition, we have implemented extensive measures consistent with the COVID guidelines.
- Agility Orthopedics’ providers were among those first in line to receive the COVID-19 vaccine thanks to our affiliate hospitals.
- We continue to screen all patients and family members when we call to confirm appointments AND when they arrive for their appointments. Please reschedule if you have any COVID symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who was diagnosed or has symptoms. It takes all of us to help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus and to keep each other safe.
- We are requiring all Agility staff and vendors to have their flu shot.
- We are continuously disinfecting all areas of contact to ensure safety. This includes patient rooms, waiting rooms and the entire facility. From doorknobs to surfaces we are covering everything.
- We have formed teams of our staff that are rotating shifts across both of our locations. This helps us limit the number of people in an area and allows for social distancing, consistent with the CDC guidelines.
To request an appointment, you can also visit: https://agilitydoctor.com/contact-agility/request-appointment/?
As the need arises, we will provide updates on our Website and on our Facebook page. If you haven’t already, please follow us on Facebook.
For more information about COVID-19 please visit the CDC Website for Coronavirus at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html.
Thank you for your understanding and trust as the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve. Agility Orthopedics is offering in-person appointments. We are here for you and committed to keeping you moving.
The Doctors and Staff at Agility Orthopedics