Message updated 3/24/20.
Under Governor Baker’s Stay-at-Home mandate, Agility Orthopedics is considered an essential service and our staff is considered essential personnel.
As such, we are keeping patient appointments and are open for normal business hours at our Stoneham, MA and Malden, MA locations.
We are screening all patients when we call to confirm appointments. For existing patients, we are offering a Telemedicine option. Details about this and our ongoing efforts are explained below.
We know this is a challenging time and want to assure you that your health and safety is of the utmost importance to us. We are strictly following all CDC guidelines regarding COVID-19, and continue to follow any mandates by Governor Baker and the state of Massachusetts.
While we always hold our staff to the highest level of standards for sanitation and sterilization, we have implemented extraordinary measures consistent with the guidelines. We continue to monitor this rapidly evolving situation closely.
If you have been to either of our locations recently then you have likely seen these efforts. Here are some of the highlights:
- We are screening all patients and family members by phone and at the door when arriving at either of our locations. Please, if you have any symptoms or have been in close contact with anyone who has been diagnosed or has symptoms, we ask that you reschedule. It takes all of us to help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus and to keep each other safe.
- We are continuously disinfecting all areas of contact to ensure safety. This includes patient rooms, waiting rooms and the entire facility. From doorknobs to surfaces we are covering everything.
- We have formed teams of our staff who will be rotating shifts across both of our locations. This helps us limit the number of people in an area and allows for social distancing, consistent with the CDC guidelines.
- Elective procedures have been postponed at this time per the recommendation of the CDC and State of Massachusetts. We will work with you to reschedule when appropriate. Rest assured, we are keeping a list of those individuals whose elective surgeries have been postponed. We will work with the hospitals and state to reschedule these as soon as the crisis shows signs of flattening. We will continue to do emergency surgeries. While we hope that this is not something you or a loved one will need, we remain committed to providing this level of care when appropriate and of course, in partnership with the hospitals.
- We are offering a telemedicine option for our existing orthopedic, OT and PT patients – those who have been seen by a member of our team more than once. In this time of crisis, Governor Baker and the federal government have made this option more accessible by working with health insurance companies. We use doxy.me as our telemedicine platform. This free tool is HIPAA compliant and allows us to communicate with you in real time using video and audio. When we decide to use this option instead of an in-person appointment, our medical secretary will provide you with instructions and access information.
We will continue to provide updates on our Website and on our Facebook page. If you haven’t already, please follow us on Facebook.
For more information about COVID-19 please visit the CDC Website for Coronavirus at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html.
Thank you for your understanding and trust as this situation continues to evolve.
The Doctors and Staff at Agility Orthopedics