Since the outbreak of COVID-19 and Governor Baker’s Stay-at-Home mandate, Agility Orthopedics has remained open and committed to keeping our patients moving. We continue to care for patients at our Stoneham and Malden, MA locations by offering in-person and telemedicine appointments.
We know this is a challenging time and want to assure you that the health and safety of our patients, visitors and staff is our number one priority.
Temporary visitation restrictions and guidelines.
While we have been limiting visitor access to Agility Orthopedics, we are now restricting visitors from accompanying a patient to their appointment. Our Essential Visitors Only approach includes the following guidelines:
- Pediatric Care: ONE parent/guardian will be permitted.
- Healthcare Proxy Required: In the event that a Healthcare Proxy is in effect, ONE visitor may accompany the patient as long as we have a copy of the required legal document on file.
Members of our care team are here to help patients who may require ambulatory assistance get from their car to their appointment. We can also provide support during their visit. Please let us know of any needs in advance and we will work with you.
Other extenuating circumstances will also be considered based on the best interest and needs of the individual patient. All exceptions must be approved by the care team in advance of the appointment.
Remote check-in process.
We have also implemented a remote check-in process. Directions for what to do when you arrive in the parking lot at either of our locations will be provided prior to your appointment. Of course, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. We are here to help.
Protecting our patients and our team.
Whether at the hospital or in our Stoneham and Malden, MA locations, we are strictly following all CDC guidelines regarding COVID-19, and continue to follow any mandates by Governor Baker and the state of Massachusetts.
While we always hold our staff to the highest level of standards for sanitation and sterilization, we have implemented extraordinary measures consistent with the guidelines. We continue to monitor this rapidly evolving situation closely.
Agility Orthopedics Stoneham and Malden, MA locations are open for business and offering telemedicine appointments. Here are some of the ways we are working to keep you moving:
- Agility Orthopedics’ providers are among those first in line to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. They are actively visiting our affiliate hospitals to receive their vaccines.
- We are screening all patients and family members when we call to confirm appointments and again when they arrive at either of our locations. Please, if you have any symptoms or have been in close contact with anyone who has been diagnosed or has symptoms, we ask that you reschedule. It takes all of us to help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus and to keep each other safe.
- We are requiring all Agility staff and vendors to have their flu shot.
- We are continuously disinfecting all areas of contact to ensure safety. This includes patient rooms, waiting rooms and the entire facility. From doorknobs to surfaces we are covering everything.
- We have formed teams of our staff that are rotating shifts across both of our locations. This helps us limit the number of people in an area and allows for social distancing, consistent with the CDC guidelines.
- We continue to work with the hospital teams to reschedule elective surgeries that were postponed due to COVID-19. We also continue to support emergency orthopedic care needs and are proud to have partnered with our affiliated hospitals to support their needs throughout the shut down.
- We are open and offering telemedicine appointments to help you recover from your injuries, joint problems, sprains and strains. Governor Baker and the federal government have made Telemedicine more accessible by working with health insurance companies. We use doxy.me as our Telemedicine platform. This HIPAA compliant tool allows us to communicate with you in real time using video and audio. When we decide to use this option instead of an in-person appointment, a member of our team will provide you with instructions and access information.
We will continue to provide updates on our Website and on our Facebook page. If you haven’t already, please follow us on Facebook.
For more information about COVID-19 please visit the CDC Website for Coronavirus at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html.
Thank you for your understanding and trust as the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve. Agility Orthopedics is open for business and offering telemedicine appointments. We are here for you and committed to keeping you moving.
The Doctors and Staff at Agility Orthopedics